Wednesday, May 23, 2007

YGTBKM

Oprah is upset to learn that her father is writing a book about her.

Sorry, honey, but when you're THAT famous and THAT rich, someone's bound to try to cash in, and why not let it be your dad? You've said nothing but nice things about how he raised you, so what do you have to be afraid of? Quitcherbitchin' and endorse it, then get in on the royalties. It's sure to be a best-seller.

----------

FDA okays pills that completely stop a woman's period.

I suffer from endometriosis, so this got a cheer (albeit a quiet one, since I'm at work) from me. However, I feel the need to make a very important correction:

-Seasonique is not an "updated version" of Seasonale. It's a generic. There's a subtle difference, one which cause me to be violently ill on Seasonique while Seasonale did simply what it promised to do.


And they're right - it's not for everyone, and if you have a family history of any sort of heart problems, you should probably just let your body do what it's supposed to.

For people like me, though, this is a welcome alternative to depo provera, which causes women to gain an average of 30 pounds. No, thanks.

----------

Husband bites off wife's lip after she calls him short.

Dude...GROW A PAIR.

----------

4 women fired for gossiping about their boss in New Hampshire.

I'll say this again to THEIR boss: Grow a pair.

Also, if you're so worried about negative rumors reducing your quality of life, address them in public and let everyone know the truth rather than firing the people you suspect to be spreading those rumors.

The fact that you did the latter leads me to believe you had something to hide.

So you know what I think? I think you WERE diddling what'shersname. If you weren't, tell people. It's really very simple. Since the rumor's out anyway, you can't cite not wanting to divulge private matters to the public. You'd just be clearing up a misconception.

Right?

----------

"Scientists report virgin shark birth".

So...sharks are asexual when circumstances arise that warrant it? Is that what you mean?

Jeez. Talk about dramatizing something in the name of drumming up interest.

I will say, though, that that's pretty damned cool.

----------

I have one more link, but it constitutes quite a bit of commentary from me, so I'll be posting it later.

No comments: