Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Who's sick of me today?

Thanks to Bad Dogs and Such for a name-drop in her blog. I'm doing the same here, though obviously I don't have much of a readership yet, so it won't have quite the same impact for you as it may for me. Folks, if you're in the neighborhood and you'd like humorous read from a woman who loves dogs and guns, and isn't afraid to state her opinion on anything (always a plus in my book), head on over to her blog and join in.


Now down to business. Again.

Thanks to BDaS and her incessant name-dropping, I've been directed to a MySpace blog called Confessions of a Gun-toting Seagull. MySpace pretty well annoys me (people message me, and I get an email notification, and those are the only times I actually visit the site), and generally the blogs over there are filled with mindless drivel from emo kids who can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground, but this guy definitely bucks the trend. He's well-read, and presents arguments with care.

And now I'm going to shamelessly steal some links from him.

Studies have now shown what those of us with common sense have known all along: The possession of a gun is not linked to a propensity toward violence. Holy shit, right?

Furthermore, the study shows what I've been blathering about for a couple of weeks now: the more gun ownership that is lawfully allowed, the LOWER crime rates become. Oh, the humanity.



Speaking of guns, there's yet another case going on regarding lower government officials not wanting to bow to higher law because of their own beliefs. Texans are protected by the U.S. Constitution if they want to carry a gun. AND they're protected by their state laws if they want to carry that gun in their car. Apparently some officials don't like that idea, so they've actually told police officers to IGNORE THE LAW and arrest people for having guns in the car.

Shenanigans, I tell you.

No comments: