Monday, May 7, 2007

Buh?

Thanks to Matt G. for this disturbing piece of information:

Chicago Mayor and CAGE (appropriate acronym for Chicago Anti-Gun Enforcement) has begun confiscating residents' guns.

The reasons for this, as explained by this article, are that apparently purchasing a gun doesn't mean anything if you let your licensure lapse.

...

So, by that logic, if I don't get my driver's license renewed, I should be blacklisted from ever buying a car. Or, if a car is already titled to me, someone should come and tow it away, because obviously if I can't be bothered to renew my license, I'm going to go on a killing spree.

Ignoring, of course, the Constitutional right to bear arms that's being walked all over in this case.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I don't like Charlton Heston, but I like his philosophy: "From my cold, dead hands!"

No comments: