Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Uh. Okay. I won't argue with that.

I can't go into details because this is a public forum, but I would just like to say that it's extremely frustrating trying to deal with police on an issue in which the person you're trying to file a complaint about isn't technically breaking the law, but is doing everything he can within his "rights" to make your life a living hell.

The fact that this person has researched his limits in terms of harrassment doesn't mean anything to them, nor the fact that I have his statement of having done that research in writing.

Nor does the fact that I haven't spoken to him since December, when I explicity (I don't mince words, as you guys know) told him his attention was not welcome. He last contacted me on Sunday.


However, a moment of humor/justice came when the police officer I talked to this morning asked me for the guy's name so that he could ask his superior about possibly filing a simple complaint request. When he heard the name, I noticed him sounding more diligent about indeed talking to his supervisor and getting things taken care of.

They're going to deliver the letter directly to my mailbox (it's a small town...the patrolmen don't often have enough to do), and I will find it waiting when I get home. When my harrasser contacts me again, I can just send a copy to him letting him know that someone's been made aware of his actions, and they have record of it now.


The kicker? His name is Arabic.


Can I be completely and totally uncouth/rude/insensitive and say that this is the only positive effect that 9/11 and the ensuing poor excuse of a war has had on my life?


Until further notice, commenting is going back to word-confirmation and email approval on both of my blogs. Just a heads-up.

No comments: