Monday, May 7, 2007

VERY helpful video...a rarity in the time of YouTube.

Thanks to Tam for this link:

Todd Jarrett explains (and demonstrates) the proper way to hold a handgun.

It LOOKS complicated, but think about it: so does riding a bike if you've never done it before. I'm sure that, with time, this method could work just as well for anyone as it does for Mr. Jarrett.

Besides...if you're going to handle something like a gun, don't you think it would help to actually, you know, have a good chance of hitting whatever you're attempting to aim at? Thought so.

2 comments:

BobG said...

"It LOOKS complicated, but think about it: so does riding a bike if you've never done it before."

Exactly right; I first learned to shoot pistol and rifle when I was about five years old, and when you are taught proper form, with practice it becomes second nature.

Bonnie said...

Five years old? Wow. I didn't shoot a gun until I was...22, I think.