Thursday, April 19, 2007

Assortment.

Virginia Tech is being touted as the worst disaster to hit a school ever in the history of the U.S. Did everyone forget about THIS yahoo? (Yes, I KNOW it's Wikipedia, which is in itself a somewhat unreliable source of information, but this actually did happen, and you can look it up in other sources if you're interested.)


I have one word for people who think that having someone in office for an inordinate amount of time is a good idea: Zimbabwe. When someone's in power for that long, they really lose touch with reality, and they start to rule using their grudges rather than common sense.


Do I really need to say anything about the Gonzales "scandal"? He's human, he screwed up and made a decision based on political alliances, and that decision caused some serious problems. Fire him and get the fuck on with it.


Ice traps seal hunters? This is big news? Unless they're Inuits legitimately hunting for food, I say leave them there. Dumbasses.


The European Union pretty much bans people from calling events like the Holocaust "stupid". The thing about this article that gets me is that Germany is disappointed with the new law...because they wanted a Holocaust-denial ruling in their country. Yeah. Sweep THAT under the rug. I dare ya.


Response time of Taiwanese officials tested by students. This came after the events of Monday. Frankly, I commend the kid. With the way that OUR police officers acted (hiding behind trees? Are you kidding me?), I think people need to be wary of relying 100% on law enforcement without knowing if they're going to follow through.


And that's all I have for now.

No comments: